Thursday, May 31, 2012

SEM Birthday Celebration Blog Hop

Welcome! As a member of the SEM Design Team, I am so excited to have you join me for "Scrapping Everyday Miracles" Birthday Celebration Blog Hop. We'll have fun stuff on the SEM Blog...and on our Facebook Page we'll be offering games each day of the event that will have some fabulous prizes.

First up, I would like to share my favorite layout that I created for SEM this year. This page was created for a Sketch Challenge.
It's my favorite because it shows my sweet little girl growing up...happily! I love that she's such a good-natured, fun loving girl. But most of all, I love that she LOVES Jesus (just about a month ago, at the young age of 6, she made a choice to accept Jesus as her savior, and I couldn't be happier!) and my prayer is that she will continue to let Christ shine through her to everyone she meets!

This second layout I created focuses on the "Celebration" theme. It was my daughter Ellie's sixth birthday celebration. I kept it simple because I wanted the photos to be the focus. I love using Alpha Stickers with foam tape on the back to give them some dimension. 
The fun little "puffy" birthday themed stickers were ones I've had in my stash for over a year now, so I was thankful to finally have the perfect page to use them on!

I'm also including a couple of favorite birthday cards I have made to hopefully inspire you.
Here's a more masculine one!

And...one with a more feminine touch...

I appreciate you stopping by, and as a little thank you I'd like to GIVE AWAY this Papertrey Ink acrylic stamp set to one lucky winner. Either leave me a comment or become a new follower (or do both for 2 chances to win!) by Sunday night, June 3rd at 11:59pm PST. I will announce the winner on Monday, June 4th. 

Also, our Hop Grand Prize (see the SEM Blog for details on how to win) has been provided by two awesome sponsors...Paper Loves Glue and Memorable Seasons. Our grand prize winner will win both a gift certificate for $15 to Paper Loves Glue and a $20 gift certificate to Memorable Seasons. 


I hope you've enjoyed the Hop so far! Next up is Jeannine.

If you missed anyone, here's the order:
* The hop will remain open until Sunday night, June 3rd at midnight PST.*

SEM blog http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/
Nic http://scrapmethis.blogspot.com
Sherri  http://faithandscraphappiness.blogspot.com/
Einat  http://scrapinit.blogspot.com/
Cara  http://bitsbaublesandbliss.blogspot.com/ (YOU ARE HERE)
Jeannine http://creative-chaos07.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth http://ejoym.blogspot.com/
Lisa  http://creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspot.com/
Dolores  http://scrapperinnewyork.blogspot.com/
Amanda Johnson http://asjmade.blogspot.com/

Make sure you also stop by our Facebook page for games, challenges and even more prizes. And don't forget, Monday, June 4th will be a new challenge and another chance at a prize!

29 comments:

  1. Cara your celebration projects are just amazing, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects Cara. Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the depth on your cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these projects! They are all so celebratory. The layouts are so fun, love the photos and how many you were able to incorporate, and great job on the cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopping in...I love your layouts. They are so happy, when I look at them they simply make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your creations! they're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your work is really great! your LOs have such energy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a new follower too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layouts and cards are all beautiful!!! I love the one of your daughter growing up! I might have to scraplift that idea!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps...I'm your newest follower!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just loving all those projects... what I love about all your projects are the bright colors! I just have to say you always blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How talented are you! I love your scrap page where it shows you little lady growing up, i love to do that too! Happy to know you have a smart loving little girl! Thanks for the opportunity at the give away, I am also a new follower excited to see more of your bright work! Thanks for the fun hop! The only hop where I will never fall on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those bright and fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards. They are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara, I just love all of your projects. They are always so bright and cheerful. I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the colors you used. The buttons were also nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the happy birthday card, the sketch layout is so pretty and I love the fonts you used on the celebration title! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love those cards Cara! Just love them! Great pages as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your layouts and cards! I like getting ideas for masculine cards since I find them a bit harder to put together. I really liked yours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you've definitely inspired this reader! no problem w/ that :) loving the cupcake card !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. New follower too :)
    you're welcome at FHC ~
    {whenever you need a bit of a tea break :)}

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really identified with the page about your happy daughter, who accepted Jesus at age 6; my daughter at age 6 was watching the Jesus video, I went outside to take out the trash, and when I came back in she said she believed in Jesus. I didn't exactly understand what she said, so I asked, "You accepted Jesus into your heart?" and she replied, "No, Mommy, I accepted Jesus into my LIFE!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards and layouts! So fun and colorful!! Puts a smile on my face! Am so enjoying this blog hop! Am a new follower too.
    jordanbev5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your cards... They are so very doable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your daughter is sweet, the lo and card are fab, love the colors on the lo and the polkas rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the happy colors in your creations - makes it a lot brighter here on a grey, rainy day! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all your projects but especially the first lo. Bless your daughter and may she always keep that beautiful smile. You are very blessed.

    ReplyDelete