Monday, June 17, 2013

June's SEM Sketch Challenge!

Over at the SEM blog this month, we're doing another Sketch Challenge...this month I created projects for both the Layout and the Card sketch. The "Twist" was to include a handmade flower. 

Here's the Layout Sketch by Leah Schaeffer...

And here's my take on it:
I made my flower on this layout with a "gluber" glue dot and some jute, then layered on a punched piece that I cut myself, a flair button and a My Mind's eye enamel dot. Love the way it turned out! 


And here's the Card Sketch by Leah Schaffer...

 And here's the card I created:
I started out with a basic sticker (from K & Co.) for my flower here, but added some patterned paper so it would match better and some enamel dots and bling...what I ended up with was a one of a kind "hand-made" flower! FUN!

Join us this month and you'll be entered to win an awesome prize from Citrus Twist Kits.



4 comments:

  1. Super cute layout and card! I absolutely love the way you interrupted the card sketch and your fall layout is awesome with your cool jute flower. Just a funny coincidence, but I scrapbooked pumpkin patch pictures last week too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun with the handmade flowers! Great idea to use a flair button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jute flower. Great takes on the sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Cara! Totally loving all the textural bits and the warm palette of the first and bold, bright, happy colors of the second!

    ReplyDelete