Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apple Pickin'

A group of us from church were supposed to go out apple picking last Thursday, but because of rain and cold, most of us backed out. I was super disappointed because I love apple picking (and I really wanted to get some photos for my next scrapbook design team assignment:o))...and Sunday was a beautiful day here in Boise, so I talked Pete into going apple picking that evening. We trekked out to Emmett (about 45 minutes away) to Tyler's Rocky Point Orchard and picked ourselves about 15 lbs of DELICIOUS apples...seriously delicious, as in old-fashioned red delicious and gold delicious (and only had to pay $6--what a BARGAIN!)

We also tried our hand at taking some family photos (via the camera's self-timer)!  We had a great time, and now I have a lot of apples to use up (I will soon be making lots of apple pie filling to freeze, and maybe some homemade apple sauce). 
This is the little orchard we went to.

Yeah, for clarification, he was making that face on purpose...:o)

Ellie power-lifting our bucket of apples.

The two kinds of apples we picked.

What a good little picker (and stretcher)!

YUM-MO!



Pete's idea of apple humor;o)

The only good family photo we got (meaning, the only one where Ellie's eyes weren't closed or hugely open and Pete wasn't sticking his tongue out)

(Red) DEEEE-Licious!

No comments:

Post a Comment