Friday, November 11, 2011

Craft Warehouse "Crate Paper" Assignment

This is my third assignment for the Craft Warehouse Design Team. This time we used Crate Paper's Farmhouse Collection...a really cute fall line. Here's the layout I made...
it was a great way to showcase a few of the photos from our recent trip to one of the local apple orchards. 



Then we also needed to make a plaque using some vinyl lettering. My friend Erica gave me the awesome idea to use the lettering as a stencil and try a crackle technique on the plaque. 
I started out by painting the plain wooden plaque a cream color (with Delta Ceramacoat Acrylic Paint). Then I used the vinyl "HOME" lettering that Craft Warehouse sent me. Next I applied the Delta Crackle Medium, and then a coat of brown acrylic paint. After it dried I pulled up the vinyl letter and viola....

I've never done crackling before, but it was easy, and I'm really happy with the way the plaque turned out.
Again...all the papers, die cuts, stickers, buttons and brads are from Crate Paper. I had never made these cute simple flowers before, but I just used varied sizes of circles, scrunched them up for some dimension and layered them (on couple of the pieces I cut out a few notches). So easy and so cute...now I can't wait to try this on cards and layouts. The leaves were also hand cut from the patterned paper and scrunched. 


No comments:

Post a Comment