Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cool Flip-Flops!

Yesterday while Ellie was doing her swim lessons, I was looking through some old issues of Family Fun Magazine (we're talking years old---but I had saved them because I never had a chance to read them) and one of them had this great idea for decorating flip-flops. Ellie's friend Gabi was spending the day with us, so I told the girls that we should make some of these and they were very excited. So after a trip to JoAnn's for fabric (I just bought fat quarters) and a trip to the dollar store to get Gabi some flip-flops...we went home and made some...I even made some for myself because I thought they were so cute. Then I gave the girls (and myself) a pedicure and took photos...the photos I took of Ellie's and Gabi's feet didn't turn out so well. So this morning I took one of Ellie and me in ours. Aren't these cute?
You just take some fabric and cut it into 1 inch by 6 inch strips...you're supposed to use pinking shears to do this, but I didn't have any so I just used regular sewing scissors. Then you just tie these pieces in a single knot all around the foot straps. I think I used 22 strips (per each flip-flop) for Ellie's and 26 for mine.

We're both loving our FUN & FuNkY Flip-Flops!!! (and hoping Gabi's enjoying hers too!)

1 comment:

  1. These look fun! Too bad my boys wouldn't be interested in making these...darn!

    ReplyDelete