Friday, July 15, 2011

Power Tools and a New Old Desk

Yesterday I spent quite a few hours (and the same the day before) sanding down our kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts with...get this, a power tool! Yes, an orbital sander. I've never used a power tool before, but it was actually kinda fun! So...our kitchen is finally on it's way to having doors and drawer fronts again (we've lived like this for almost a year now...talk about craziness! But hey, you can sure see where everything in my kitchen is:o)) I am so ready for this to be done. 

Here's a picture of me using arghhh, arghhhh, arghhhhh (my best impression of Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor)...my "power tool"!!!
I was over at our neighbor Rene's house borrowing the tool and his nice covered set-up (much better than doing it in a stuffy garage or out in the blazing sun). I had Ellie take the photo...

Ellie played in their backyard playhouse...taking a break for swimming lessons in between.

We also took a little afternoon break and went to a couple thrift stores, and LOOK at what I found. 
I've been looking for a little antique school desk for Ellie to use while I'm in my craft room...and I finally found one (it's not exactly what I wanted, but I was not going to pass it up for only $16!). Ellie's lovin' it too!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for you to post pictures of your new kitchen! The desk is also a cool find--Such a great idea for your craft space (I like how it has storage under the chair so she can have her own space for supplies). :)

    ReplyDelete