Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Awesome Cookie!

I have to start off by saying I'm not a huge peanut butter fan...but I even kinda like these cookies...but EVERYONE else seems to LOVE them!!! I made them for my small group yesterday, and they were a huge hit, and Pete took just a few to work for some co-workers and two of them are begging for the recipe. So I thought I'd share it with you. I got it from a cooking class I went to (my friend Denece from my old church does these monthly classes, and Pete and I go together...she is such a fabulous cook and baker!!)
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH COOKIES
For the Cookies:
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup flour
1 box Devil's Food cake mix (18.25 oz)

For the Filling:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk

For the Cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly whisk eggs and oil in a medium bowl. Mix in flour and cake mix until well blended. Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 8-10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet (I flatten them just a bit with the bottom of a glass immediately after removing from the oven). Cool completely on wire rack.

For the Filling: In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla. Add in powdered sugar and mix till smooth. Add in milk a little at a time until you get the desired consistency (I used all 3 Tbsp). Spread about 1-1/2 Tbsp of filling onto the bottom of one cookie and then place another cookie on top, bottom sides facing in.

*Note: Denece did suggest that since I wasn't a big peanut butter fan, I could try using a Vanilla cake mix (instead of the Devils Food) and lemon curd (instead of peanut butter). So I'm definitely going to try that soon (as I love lemon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment