Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Craft Warehouse Design Team-It's Official!

YAY-I'm officially on the Craft Warehouse 2011 Design Team now! They've just posted the new team's profiles and photo slide shows...you can check it out at the CW Design Team Page. And that means that I can now show you my entries. We had to submit 2 layouts, 2 cards and 1 "project". Here are photos of my winning entries:
I love this photo of Ellie and her good friend Gabi! I used a bunch of different manufacturer's patterned paper on this one, American Crafts foam Thickers for the title and assorted buttons from my stash. I love the pleated ribbon (I just used mini glue dots to make the pleats)! 
I used K & Co's (Carolyn Gavin) Greenhouse line for this one, plus some felt flowers that my sweet MIL made for me with her Cuttlebug and flower dies. The title was made with my Cricut (Street Signs cartridge) and so was the little "sunshine" tab (I just used the "left-over" scrap and put some PP behind to show through, and I stamped the "you are"). The brads are from Lasting Impressions. And I used the new spray bottles from Close to My Heart and an ink refill to make the ink splotches (you could probably also use a darker Glimmer Mist to get the same kind of effect).  
This card was made with Kraft cardstock and assorted brands of patterned paper. I used my Cricut for the letters (I did the same thing for the "Happy" tab that I did for the "sunshine" tab in the above layout). I used a little flower punch to make the flowers and some bling from My Mind's Eye for the centers. I added some white ric-rac from my stash. 
This card was made with white CS and assorted brands of patterned paper. The gem swirls are from Colorbok (Target) and the green bling is from My Mind's Eye. I used a scalloped border punch for the strips of PP along the bottom. The Happy Birthday stamp is from PaperTreyInk. 
This one is my favorite! I have it displayed proudly in my craft room! The photos make me smile (amazing how quickly kids grow up, huh?). And I know...Ellie isn't quite six, but I needed a photo! As for a supply list...ugh (where do I start?). The printer's tray I purchased at Craft Warehouse.  I cut all the numbers and letters with my Cricut (Street Signs again---I only own this one cartridge, so it's getting lots of use!). Again...lots of different brands of PP. For the "ONE" block- the tree diecut is from My Mind's Eye and I added the orange brads, and the cloud was made with my MIL's Cuttlebug (thanks Carol!). I made the sun with a circle punch (and added Diamond Glaze) and hand-cut the "rays". For "TWO"--the butterflies are from K&Co. and I added bling from My Mind's Eye. The gem swirl is from Colorbok. For "THREE"-I handmade the pinwheels and attached a brad (Lasting Impressions) to each middle. I used toothpicks for the handles. For "FOUR"-I handmade the rosettes (there's great online tutorials online on how to make these!), punched out the circle centers, and added some bling. For "FIVE"-I used a punch-out chipboard banner from My Mind's Eye (Fine and Dandy line) and added MME bling too. For "SIX"-I used a punch for the hearts and then added Diamond Glaze for some shine. Then added a few buttons with floss. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cara! I'm on the team to...I just had to check out all my partners. I love your projects! Congrats!! Jules:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your entries! I snuck a peek on flickr as Jeanean was loading them over the weekend and your projects totally jumped out at me! I can't wait to be inspired by you over the rest of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, your entries are AMAZING . . . I can see why your talent was choosen! :) Your altered project is absolutely adorable! Congrats!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and working w/ you on the CWH DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your submission work is awesome! I can totally see why the photo tray is your favorite---I may have to lift this idea, if you don't mind! I look forward to working with you on the DT this year!

    ReplyDelete